Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Spring is coming! Spring is coming!

And although our winter so far has been relatively mild temperature wise and snow wise, I am still looking forward to spring.
Looking forward to hanging clothes on the line instead of paying astronomical hydro bills to keep my family in clean (and dry) clothes.  Looking forward to colour to replace the drab brown and white.  Looking forward to opening my windows and smelling my lilac tree in bloom!

I decided one day a few weeks ago to use one of my free square patterns to work on an afghan.  This helped use up some of my skeins of blue and purple, and some off white yarn I had--although I did have to buy more of that for the border.  The finished afghan turned out app. 48 x 64", I was quite happy with the way it looks.  In person.  I'm not overly happy with the way it looks in the photo!  I will have to re-take, but trying to figure out how without recreating the overall 'purple' tint that I couldn't get rid of even in editing.  (The wall is actually peach--not pink--peach!)
But, here it is.  And I'm sure I would never get the over $200 that some would say to charge based on charging an hourly rate, so decided on a price of $125.  (Clicking on the picture will take you to the listing)

No comments: