Friday, April 09, 2010

Time of Bizarre Dreams

I had thought at first it was the Buckley's, or the NyQuil, that I'd been taking (not at the same time of course!) for my chest cold in the hopes that one of them would stop the constant coughing that kept me from having a good night's sleep.  Then I began to wonder if it was perhaps the cold itself...
Now, I'm just not sure.
It's just a time of bizarre dreams.
Like, last night, I dreamt I was in a small town, in a park that overlooked shops across the street.  I do remember seeing a hardware store, but don't remember the other shops adjacent to it.  Basically, the dream was about a woman who had kicked her husband out, suspecting he'd been cheating on her.  He'd come home and the wife noticed lipstick on his face.
In the park, I witnessed him approach a woman who was sleeping on a bench (she looked like she may have been a prostitute, blonde, 30-40-ish) with lipstick prints on her face in a pink lipstick shade.  (Remember, I DID say bizarre! and I tend to dream vivid, btw)  I watched as the man reached into a pocket, pulled out a lipstick tube, applied some to his own lips, then tucked the tube into his pocket and walked off.
So, he wasn't cheating, just had a weird lipstick fetish.

Now, where on earth would that dream have come from?!?  I cannot be the only one that dreams such vivid, weird dreams?

I have to say, the bizarre dreams are still more welcome than the 3-4 nights of dreaming about UFO's approaching, and the dread I felt hearing them, but not wanting to SEE them.  Not to mention finding out quite some time later after I mentioned them to my brother that (I seem to remember it was) in South America, there'd been UFO sightings during that time.

If it has to be one or the other, I'd much prefer the bizarre dreams, they're at least entertaining.

No comments: